How to setup Amped extender using setup.ampedwireless.com setup GUI?
To learn how to setup Amped extender without any confusion, this page will walk you through the multiple topics. These topics will help you to understand what you need to do before you start with the Amped wifi range extender set up and after it as well. Setting up or setup Amped extender takes not more than 5 minutes if you go through the steps carefully.
If you are supplied any installation disk or software with the Amped wireless range extender, please do not insert the disk into the system. You don’t need to install the software as well. The default web address setup.ampedwireless.com helps users to setup Amped extender without using installation disk or software.
What are setup.ampedwireless.com and 188.8.131.52?
If you want to get inside the Amped wireless extender, you can use any of these two default addresses. Both the IP address and the web address are the same and they offer the same type of functionality to users. If you are unable to log into wifi extender using the web address setup.ampedwireless.com, you can use the default IP 192.168.1.240 address and you will be logged into the Amped AC2600 extender.
Setup Amped Extender Using http://setup.ampedwireless.com
For the Amped login RE2600 extender process, you will need a laptop, PC, or tablet. Once you keep any of these devices handy, you can proceed to the Amped login RE2600 extender process. Logging into your device is important if you want to access device settings or want your device to be configured. The steps have been mentioned below;
- Go to your PC or laptop or tablet, and launch any web browser of your choice. Your web browser should be up-to-date.
- At the top of the browser homepage, you will see the address bar. Enter the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.240 setup address into the address bar. You can also enter the default web address setup.ampedwireless.com.
- You will see the Amped login RE2600 extender page asking for Amped extender login username and password.
Username – admin
Password – admin
- Click Login or Submit after providing Amped extender login credentials on the Amped login RE2600 extender page.
- If you can see the Amped AC2600 Setup page on your screen, it means you have successfully signed into the device settings.
Amped wireless AC2600 extender setup – setup.ampedwireless.com
Amped wireless AC2600 extender setup process is the easiest process even if you are new to this device. All you need to do is to follow the Amped AC2600 setup instructions provided below. Please follow the steps properly.
1. Amped AC2600 Setup – Web Configuration
- Attach the antennas on your new Amped AC2600 WiFi extender.
- Connect your PC or laptop to Amped wireless network.
- Launch a default web browser on the PC or laptop and visit default web-page setup.ampedwireless.com. There is another way to access the Amped AC2600 setup page by using the default login IP 192.168.1.240 setup.
- Sign in to the Amped wireless AC2600 extender setup homepage and you will see the device dashboard.
- See the current status of your device and click Scan. The extender will search for all active wireless networks around it.
- A list of all active wireless networks will appear on your screen following which you will have to select your home network.
- Enter the network password if you are prompted to do so.
- Now the Amped AC2600 setup wizard will ask you to enter a new SSID (network name) and passphrase. Click the Next tab and make sure you save all the configurations on your WiFi extender.
- Let your Amped WiFi extender reboot in order to make changes take effect on it. The Amped wireless AC2600 extender setup will be successfully completed after this.
2. Amped AC2600 Setup – WPS One-Touch Setup
- Locate the WPS button on the backside of your Amped WiFi range extender.
- Push the WPS button and hold it for around 5 seconds. You will see the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) LED light started to blink on your Amped WiFi extender.
- Now, at the same time, press the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Both devices will attempt to connect. You will need to check whether the devices have been connected to each other or not.
- If your devices are connected, it means your Setup Amped extender or Amped wireless range extender set up process is completed.
I Cant Access Setup Amped Extender Wireless Page - what to do?
If you are unable to access the Amped wireless setup page, do not worry. Follow the instructions given below;
- First of all, make sure your computer or mobile or laptop is connected to the wifi network of the Amped wifi extender.
- Now, reboot your device by switching off the power button. Wait for 20 seconds before turning on the electricity supply.
- Minor drop-offs and glitches will get removed once you reboot the device.
- Make sure the Amped wifi network is turned On when you are attempting to set up Amped wireless extender AC2600 or setup Amped extender.
- Now, go to your computer and open up the default web browser.
- Please ensure the web browser is up to date and is not infected by malwares or malicious files.
- You can try using another device to go to the Amped wifi extender setup page http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- Now that you have run the troubleshooting steps, the issue will probably go out.
Setup Amped Extender Failed
If the Amped wireless setup fails while you are attempting to set it up, do not worry. Setting up the Amped wifi network may not be able to set up if the device has come across any technical or minor glitch.
Here are the troubleshooting steps that you can follow to resolve the setup Amped extender failed issue.
- If the Amped WiFi setup keeps failing again and again, make sure the details you have entered are correct.
- Login setup.ampedwireless.com and check all information are filled correctly.
- Refer: setup.ampedwireless.com not working guide if can’t reach or getting site not found error.
- Make sure you connect your Amped WiFi extender only to your existing wireless router.
- The Amped range extender should be in close proximity to your router.
- Your WiFi router should be turned on when you are setting up or setup Amped extender.
So this was all about the Amped wireless extender login and setup process. We hope this post helped you to learn how to troubleshoot the issue if you come across any issue. Feel free to contact us if you are coming across any issue.